Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

My brother is retired usaf vet now in hospice care he may live

My brother is retired usaf vet now in hospice care he may live another year he may die
Tomorrow no way to tell......we . His family pay
The bills we can but he lost an employer didability check once he turned 65 last year
And had quite alot of credit card debt.
Now we are behind on two card payments
We pay something each month but they are
3 months behind....??? Any ideas we and he cannot afford his social security and small
Retirement usaf checks to be in jepardy??
What can we do for him?

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

What do you mean "in jeopardy"?

JD 1992 :

Also, are the only bills that are a primary concern from credit cards?

JD 1992 :

Are you there?

Customer: I dont know what your answer is?.
JD 1992 :

Why did you rate this as Bad Service when you haven't answered my questions yet? I need that information to be able to answer your questions.

Customer: I cant reply ? But if you get this yes only credit cards 2 of them
JD 1992 :

Can you see this message? Answer yes or no please.

JD 1992 :

I am going to switch this to a Q and A session rather than char in hopes of resolving the issue.

Can you see these posts now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes but i already replied ..so again yes just two cards are overdue and what i meant about jepardy is checking accout
attachment
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes but i have to chk back later gotta go
Take care of stuff mj
First off, they aren't allowed to attach or garnish bank accounts until after a lawsuit has been filed and a judgment rendered.

In addition, both Social Security and retirement funds are exempt from garnishments so if they do attach an account and those are the funds going into it then you should be able to get the court to release it pretty quickly.

In addition, your brother could consider filing bankruptcy. That would wipe out those debts and shouldn't affect his retirement. With his health condition it isn't as important to maintain good credit so this is an option to consider.

Please ask any follow up questions in this thread and please don't issue a rating until we have finished. It looks like switching to this format has resolved the issues.