Law Pro, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years experience in consumer advocacy, debt collection violations, contracts, construction
11688690

Can you please cite the FL law for Privacy violations , I understand

Can you please cite the FL law for Privacy violations , I understand it is a tort law but what is the citation , can you add a link ?

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

Essentially, there are four types of privacy actions existing in tort litigation separate and apart from the type of privacy at issue under the federal Constitution or article
I, section 23 of the Florida Constitution.

The four types of privacy actions include:

(1) appropriation, involving the unauthorized use of a person’s name or likeness;

(2) intrusion, involving physical or electronic intrusion into one’s private quarters;

(3) public disclosure of private facts, involving the dissemination of truthful private information that a reasonable person would find objectionable; and

(4) false light in the public eye, involving the publication of facts that place a person in a false light even though the facts themselves may not be defamatory.

There isn't a specific statute as concern these torts - they are common law.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is this admissible to add to a civil complaint in circuit court , is there a common law reference ?

They are permissable to add to a complaint and you don't have to add a common law reference in your complaint.

Florida has long recognized the right to sue in tort for the civil wrong of invasion of privacy. In the relatively infamous case of Cason v. Baskin, 155 Fla. 198, 20 So. 2d 243 (Fla. 1944).

However, if there is a specific situation - then you would need to research that to find case law on the subject (which is beyond the scope of this venue).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

And can punitive damages be added to this citation in the complaint ?

Yes, punitive damages are recoverable in an invasion of privacy case potentially - it's a matter of what was done exactly.