TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in consumer protection litigation and direct negotiations on behalf of businesses and consumers

I had a rough time financially about six months ago and got

I had a rough time financially about six months ago and got some online payday type loans to get me thru. As far as I know I've paid or am paying them back now but I got a phone call (with a foreign accent) message left that said an arrest warrant was issued for my arrest about an unpaid account and that I could call an agent of the FDIC to make arrangements to clear this. I didn't think they could issue a warrant for arrest in a matter like this and it sounds hokey. But I just recently got back to fulltime employment and can't afford to have the police coming to arrest me at work. Can I have a warrant put out for my arrest for something like this or is it some kind of scam?

Thanks for your question.

This is an absolute scam. The FDIC doesn't arrest people.

Did they leave you a number of who to call back?

Is it a local number?