Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

I leased a car 2 months ago. 2 weeks ago they said I had to

I leased a car 2 months ago. 2 weeks ago they said I had to come in and re-do the paperwork because they "made a mistake." They went on to say the monthly price would be lower because they sold the lease to a bank and the bank liked my credit more than the dealership did.

1- this whole thing sounds outlandish. Why would the bank accept this loan at a lower rate?

2- I am dissatisfied with the car. Can I use this as a reason to get out of the lease and walk away from the car?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

1) This sounds like what is called "yo-yo lending" and it is an unfair and deceptive business practice in CA. While it is possible that they transfered your loan to a bank and the bank will give you a better rate, chances are that once you get there you will find the rate has been increased or something has been increased in the deal or they want a larger down payment. Legally you do not have to agree to the contract when you do speak with them.

2) While you legally do not have to agree to the change in contract and they cannot force you to do so, you still have a binding contract and they can still continue to enforce that contract and the only way out of the lease (absent a cancellation clause in the lease) would be a mutual agreement with the dealer to allow you out of the lease and terminate the contract.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.