TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in consumer protection litigation and direct negotiations on behalf of businesses and consumers

I bought a puppy from a woman for $250, who told me it was

I bought a puppy from a woman for $250, who told me it was up to date on shots and healthy. I was at the vet less than an hour(which cost me $240) after buying the pup and it died the next day. Do I have any legal right to take her to court and are my chances good for winning? Also, I bought it because I suffer from bipolar and depression, which developed while I was in the Army, and this has caused me to have a setback in my mental state. I have documentation from the VA about my mental disorders as well as documentation from the vet, stating that the condition of the puppy was ongoing and did not just start when I bought him. What should I do?

Thank you for your question.

What was wrong with the puppy to cause it to die?

Also, was the person from whom you bought it a puppy seller by trade (i.e., do they offer puppies for sale at all times)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was weak from lack of eating because the vet said his glucose level was low. Also, it had diarrhea and was puking. The vet said this was possibly intestinal parasites but would not know for sure without running tests which I couldn't afford at the time. He told me this was something that had been going on and didn't
just happen within that short time frame.
Thank you for your response.

Under Texas law, you may sue the seller to recover the purchase price of the puppy and any vet bills you incurred as a result of the seller's misrepresentations. However, Texas law does not allow you to recover for mental anguish that resulted from this incident.

This is the sort of lawsuit that is perfect for small claims court.

To sue in small claims court all you have to do is fill out a claim form at the small claims court nearest to where the seller lives and pay the filing fee (which is around $100). The judge will hear your story and will award you the money back that you paid the seller, the vet bill and your filing fees.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
And yes, she is someone who breeds pups. She told me this was her 2 or 3 litter and she knew all about them. Thank you for your help.
Glad to be of service. I hope you are able to resolve this in your favor.

Best Regards,