Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

We are a medical (physician) office and would like to use robocalling

We are a medical (physician) office and would like to use robocalling *computerized calling" to call new patients who have been referred to us by other physicians to schedule their first appointment. Does a referral from another physicians office constitute an established relationship? Or since this are not marketing calls, does the robocall laws apply?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Computerized calling is prohibited when it is unsolicited and/or when someone is on the do not call list. If a patient has been referred to you by another doctor, then the call would not fit the unsolicited category and thus there would indeed be an established relationship in that the patient was sent to you to schedule an appointment. Scheduling an appointment is a legitimate reason for contacting the patient and is thus outside of the computer calling laws.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.