Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

Can I get out of a new car contract I signed which has not been completed yet, no final pa

Can I get out of a new car contract I signed which has not been completed yet, no final papers were signed & no car ordered yet. I put a deposit on a credit card. the reason I want to cancel is because the salesman misrepresented the total price and I didn't understand at the time.

Hello and thank you for the question. Based on those facts you can. The contract has not been completed. Dealer has not been harmed. Be sure to rescind offer immediately and in writing. Send it with confirmation of receipt such as certified mail or facsimile. Good luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I get my deposit back? The bottom of the contract says "this order not subject to cancellation - deposit non-refundable".

Was it signed by both sides? Did they mislead you at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was signed by both. but the deal involved terminating another car lease which the salesman worked into my puchase price, raising it.

And did that termination condition happen? If not the agreement is not in effect and you are entitled to the deposit back. In any event you can reach out to the dealer for it.

Local counsel can help with negotiations too. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.

Good luck. Kindly rate the answer Positively.