Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I bought a 73 2 bed 2 bath mobilehome in NM for $20,000 (stupid

I bought a '73 2 bed 2 bath mobilehome in NM for $20,000 (stupid me) - broker told me it's not even worth $10,000 - Can I sue seller (who did a bad job redoing it) for fraud - All I want is my deposit and escrow acct back and give the mobilehome back to seller - need answer asap tyvm
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Could you explain a little more?

Did the seller make any misrepresentation during the sale?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did you receive my further explanation of my problem?

No, I did not, unfortunately.

Could you please resend?

Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was not knowledgeable on mobilehomes and I feel he took advantage of me cause i was a woman. It wasn't until I tried to sell it that the broker told me it wasn't even worth $10,000. The seller use to work for this broker and he knew what it was worth. Broker told me that he (seller) was dishonest. He sold a 1999 4 bed 2 bath for $28,000 to another person. I live on disability and am unable to finish buying this mobilehome. I had to leave the state in a hurry cause I feared for my life. I NEED to get from under this. Do you have any other suggestions? Can seller sue me?

Thank you for the information.

I need clarification:

Are you saying that you bought a 1973 Mobilehome, 2bd, 2ba for $20,000.00 whereas he sold 1999 Mobilehome, 4bd, 2ba for $28,000.00?

Is this broker that worked for him be willing to back you up, to be your witness?

How long have you been in possession of the Mobilehome?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

seller worked for the broker

not sure, I could ask the broker

bought it Feb 2012

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, because you have held the product for more than a year, you just cannot return it now and ask for your money back. However, you can stop paying on it and have the Seller sue you for non-payment. Then, you can countersue the Seller for fraud. You need to make sure that the broker backs you up, that he comes to Court to testify on your behalf. Otherwise, you do not have a case against the Seller.

Let me know if you need additional information.