Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
18321761

I signed for an educational program for selling on e bay. I

I signed for an educational program for selling on e bay. I originally signed on for Mobile Money code and somehow I thought that I was getting a study course for that . I was talked into signing because I thought it would help me but after four lessons I told them that I would not continue the course. It had nothing to do with I wanted. I am 81 years old and on a fixed income and why I consented to have 90 odd dollars taken out of my checking account is beyond my belief. High pressure salesmen .
Impacti is the co name .Perhaps because of my age I was gullible? Am i still responsible.
Tony
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

We have heard many complaints just like yours about Mobile Money Code. Unfortunately, too many of these companies offering so-called work-at-home opportunites use deceptive marketing techniques and misrepresentations to make you think that getting rich will be child's play once you subscribe to their program. They press you hard, charge you a reasonable start up fee, and then they spring the rest of the expenses on you.

There are complaints about this company all over the web, complaining about the upsells that they try to get you to pay for and the fact that it is impossible to get a refund from them. But yes, you contracted with them, so they can go after you for the money.

So what can you do? First try to reach the company and see if they will negotiate with you and give you a refund. If that fails contact a local lawyer and have him write a stern letter that says that you will take all appropriate action if they do not refund you. Even if you don't hire the lawyer, because you don't want to sue, it might just light a candle under their tail and get them to negotiate something.

Meanwhile, report this to your bank or your credit card company to try to cancel future payments. Let them know that you did not get what you bargained for. If the bank or credit card company won''t help with that , then you have to report the company to our consumer regulatory agencies and organizations.

First, reach out to the Better Business Bureau and lodge a consumer complaint against them. You can do that right on the BBB's website. As a non-profit organization committed to protecting consumers, the BBB will try to intervene on your behalf and to resolve your problem if they can find this company and if the company is willing to work with them. Not only that but they will do it for free.

But don't stop there. You should also involve the various government agencies that protect consumers by filing formal consumer complaint reports. You would want to enlist the aid of your State Attorney General's Office and file a formal complaint about this company. You want to emphasize that the company has engaged in fraud and in unfair and deceptive marketing practices in violation of state and federal law.

Lastly, you should involve our Federal consumer protection regulatory agency, the Federal Trade Commission by filing a similar consumer complaint with them also. These agencies may not intervene on any one person's individual situation. But when these last two agencies get enough complaints to see a pattern and practice of unethical business dealings they can, and do step in. They haul the company into Federal court where the companies usually settle for enormous fines and heavy government sanctions. The money the government collects is distributed among those defrauded by the company. So even if it takes a while, you want to be file these complaints.

You also can take them to Small Claims Court, where you do not need a lawyer.

Hope this gives you some direction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I GOT A FULL REFUND FROM MOBILE MONEY CODE .SOMEHOW THE IMPACTKI SITE STATED i COULD USE TRAINING .DIFFERENT FROM MONEY CODE. I DID REC. A FULL REFUND FROM THEM BUT THE COMPANY MENTIONED ABOVE, IMPACTKI IS THE COMPLAINT AGAINST. LL THAT YOU TOLD ME IN YOUR ANSWER I KNEW AND PERSONALLY I DON'T THINK FOR 44 DOLLARS I GOT MY MONEY'S WORTH. THANKS ANYWAY. TONY
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello Tony,

I am glad to hear you got your money back, but I can't work with facts I am not told. Your question never said you got your money back. You discussed only what you'd spent and that you didn't get what you paid for.

If you are not out any money, what was the actual question you needed to know the answer to? Maybe I can still be of assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Impactki was the name of the company. W D DUVERA BILLING IS THE COLLECTOR.90 PLUS A MONTH FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY IN MY INITIAL RESPONSE IS THAT I SIGNED UP FOR MONEY CODE IMPACTKI SITE SAID I COULD USE THEIR TRAINING TO HELP WITH MONEY CODE. i FOUND OUT LATER AFTER THE THREE DAY RESCISSION THAT IT WAS FOR SELLING ON E BAY. tHAT WAS NOT I THOUGHT I WAS SIGNING UP FOR. i GUESS YOUR RESPONSE WILL BE THE SAME AS YOUR ORIGINAL RESPONSE. HAVE YOU HEARD OF THIS COMPANY.? tHANKS TONY
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tony,

Apparently Money Code is known for this. They offer you upsell training opportunities which involve other businesses. People pay for the services because they think they need them to make their intial investment pay off. Then they are offered still another.

Yes, in terms of general consumer protection information, I gave you your rights that would apply, no matter what the company,to a breach of contract or consumer fraud matter. So to that extent, my information would be the same.

But I can tell you something more about Impactki: ImpactKi stands for Impact Knowlege Institute. They claim to be based in St. George Utah and are listed on the Utah Secretary of State's corporate register under the name of Impact Capital Creations, LLC. It looks like they incorporated as an LLC in 2011, let their status expire and then reregisted with the Secretary of State last month on May 10. They are presently active and in good standing. You can see that here. You can also see the earlier registration which expired in August 2011 here.

The Better Business Bureau is aware of Impactki. On their rating scale from A to F the BBB gives them a B+. The BBB has had 4 complaints against filed against them this year, but they were pleased with the way the company resolved it.

So this appears to be a legitimate company that has a solid reputation and appears to understand the nature of customer service. That makes it likely that you can resolve this matter with them directly or that you won't have to go any further than enlisting the aid the BBB. Legitimate companies who are in the BBB's good graces tend to want to stay there. A good BBB rating is good advertising.

Hope this gives you some additional information.

Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience: 18+ years of NYS litigation experience.