Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I bought a RV in New Mexico and next morni to ask if I could

Customer Question

I bought a RV in New Mexico and next day call to ask if I could I could cancel and get deposit back and cancel loan papers

They indicated that i bought it and i can not withdraw. I have not taken owner ship of the unit yet What can I do

David ponder
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response: There is no cooling off period for RV/car purchase. So, technically, you cannot cancel the purchase. However, if you have not taken delivery, you can refuse to take delivery. If you put money down, you should immediately stop payment on the check. If you used your credit card, you should contact you credit card company to dispute the charge.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I stop check for payment what will that do
To my credit and would be able to come back and force
Me to pay it

I have not taken delivery of unit

Do I need to get a lawyer involved

Thanks

To my credit

Response 1
: Nothing

and would be able to come back and force
Me to pay it

Response 2: Maybe. However, if you do not have possession of the product, the company would be wasting its time. No Court is going to force you to pay for something that you do not have possession of.

I have not taken delivery of unit

Do I need to get a lawyer involved

Thanks

Response 3
: No. There is nothing for an Attorney to do at this time.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience: B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help I did do as you said stop payment and I let them know that I would take owner ship of the unit

Thanks again for the help
You are quite Welcome!

All the best