Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

my son just bought a brand new house in new york state the

my son just bought a brand new house in new york state
the realtor told him the basement was dry
he moved in last month. they are having a rainy day not
a torrential rain. basement is flooding cant even keep up with it
now has three sump pumps running constantly

what should he do now
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Your son is going to have to make a claim for misrepresentation and failure to disclose against the seller and realtor to seek to pursue them for damages ad to seek to correct the issues causing the flooding. Unfortunately, this means protracted and lengthy litigation in most of these cases, so your son will need an attorney if the builder and seller will not repair the problem causing the flooding and will have to take them to court for the defect and failure to disclose the flooding issues.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”