N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

This is regarding Jury Duty at State of California I had a

This is regarding Jury Duty at State of California
I had a jury duty notice last February . I am am retired and vacationing in my country of birth so I requested postponement which was granted and moved for August 2013. I might be here longer than August. From the online postponement instructions I did not see any info if one can still ask for a another postponement . How can I ask for another postponement?

If I finally decide to live out of the USA, will I still be called for jury duty? In this situation
What is the procedure to get excemption from jury duty ?

Is the jury duty rules same for California n New York.

Thank you
Have you received a notice to appear for jury duty in August yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just like what is said I requested for a postponement and was granted a new jury duty appointment on Aug 16, 2013, yes it an appointment.
If you are not going to be in State on the date you were summoned for, you can ask for another deferment based on the fact that you will not be in California on that date.

If you become a permanent resident of a State or Nation other than California, you would be permanently excused because jurors are required to be California residents.

The rules in NY are basically the same- only a State resident can sit on a jury,

I hope this information is helpful. If you require more information, please post again.
Thank you for accepting my answer.