Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I signed a car lease and the car promised to be delivery to

I signed a car lease and the car promised to be delivery to me was different? Can I cancel the deal? I am in Florida.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be happy to answer your question.

Did your lease specifically stated that the leased vehicle would come with the leather seats?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They showed me the picture and specification of the car. When I signed I thought the car was exactly that one. They get the car from another locall dealer. But the car that came is another one. They told me the car I chose was sold.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was looking at the documents an I have proof that the car I was leasing was with leather because I have the last five numbers of the vin which matches the vin number at the contract.
Dear Gil,

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you speak to the General Manager of the dealership and requested for the dealership to either provide you with the same model vehicle with factory leather seats or to rescind your lease? If you did, what is the GM position?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't talk with the general manager. But want to be prepared, and the vin number signed on the lease contract does not match with the vehicle showed to me. So, can I cancel the contract?
Dear Gil,

Thank you for your follow up.

It would be a good idea for you to speak to the General Manager directly and you do have the right to demand from the dealership to provide you with the comparable vehicle with the same option as the vehicle you have agreed to lease or to rescind your contract.

If the dealership refuses to do either, then it would be a good idea for you to consult with a local attorney, who can send a letter to the dealer demanding for the lease agreement to be formally rescinded.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney