Experience:  Consumer Lawyer

In August of 2012, I purchased an Aspire Notebook from Walmart.

In August of 2012, I purchased an Aspire Notebook from Walmart. Nine months after the purchase, the computer stopped working and Acer claims it's past the year warranty, however, I have the purchase receipt and believe it should still be under the year warranty

LADY LAWYER : You are absolutely correct. The warranty date will start from the date of purchase as long as that date is able to be established and since you have a receipt, it absolutely can be. This is the law, but Acer also clearly recognizes this because they state right on their website:
LADY LAWYER : Acer warrants its product to be free from malfunctions and defects in both materials and workmanship based on date of purchase. If date of purchase is not established, warranty will start on the date seen on the Acer warranty sticker.
LADY LAWYER : You can see that under #2 here:
LADY LAWYER : You need to call back and speak to a supervisor and if they still won't help, send them a certified letter so you at least have proof that you were trying to take care of this before the one year warranty period was actually up. Then you can sue in small claims if you need to. My feeling is that you got a customer service rep who just didn't know what they were talking about, but either way, the law is on your side here.
LADY LAWYER : If you have any further questions about this, please just let me know. I am happy to keep assisting you. If you do not have any further questions at this time, would you kindly leave me a positive rating for the service I have provided you today? This will cost you nothing further to do, but it is the only way that the site will pay me for my time spent with you. Thank you so much!