Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

what is the law as to "what figures do vehicle dealerships

what is the law as to "what figures do vehicle dealerships use to assess
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am sorry, but your question above is quite vague and we do not understand what you are seeking. Can you please provide us more information and be more specific regarding what information you are seeking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

dealerships in Ar must assess at the end of each year, in years past that was whatever vehicles was on lot for sale as of Dec 31. They are now telling us we must turn in a list of all vehicles sold during the year and what they sold for, When a customer purchases a vehicle thet pay taxes on to state when it is tagged. Can you tell me "Is it a law that I must list all vehicles sold during year and selling price?"

Thank you

Thank you for your response.

The Arkansas department of revenue/finance which is responsible for all taxes in Arkansas requires all sales of vehicles to be reported by the seller annually as part of their rules to try to combat tax evasion. So they are not just looking for what you have not sold and remains on your lot, they are looking for you to report your sales so they can compare it to the taxes you have due as well as what the seller pays.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”