Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

Locked by Customer Service

I just paid today grant town university a fees by Amex for a Phd and I come to read that Grant Town is fraud university on just answer .How can I stop my payment and is it true that its a fake univesrsity ? They charge me 2200$ and took my cards numbers and expiry dates.They do have all information.What shall I do?Thanks

Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

All that you need to do is to call AmEx and to let them know what is going on and that the company that has charged your card is engaged in fraud and has obtained authorization to charge your card under the false pretenses and for the services that they have not provided and cannot provide to you. Make sure you do provide AmEx with all the details and facts about this transaction and why you are disputing it as fraudulent.

AmEx is a great company that will go out of their way to investigate this situation for you and it would be likely that you will be able to receive a full reversal of this charge.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But can you let me know if Grant university is a fake university before I call Amex accordingly.

Dear XXXXX, What is the full legal name of the university and also their address? Are you going to be working on your PHD degree for several years with this university? What are they offering to you related to a PHD?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont know the legal name the univesity name isXXXXX telephone number is XXXXX

Completed Orders History

Till date you have completed the following programs , the details of which are mentioned below.

1 .Order Reference Number: XXX-XXXX
Applied for: Master's Degree + PhD Degree Program
Name:XXXXX XXXXX
Applied for:Master's Degree + PhD Degree Program
Program Status:Completed
Application Completed Through:Rush Evaluation
Application Form was filled on Date:XXXXX X XXXX
Graduation Date:XXXXX X XXXX
Edoc:View Details
Application Status:
Payment Completed

2 .Order Reference Number: XXXXX X XXXX
Name:XXXXX X XXXX
Program Status:Completed
Graduation Date:XXXXX X XXXX
Edoc:View Details
Application Status:
Payment Completed

I am not going to be working on PHD, I paid for my PHD Certificate and they will send it to me to Doha-Qatar by DHL its the equivelant of my years experience .

Dear XXXXX X XXXX, This is an absolute scam, as the diploma's / degrees that you will receive are from non-accredited "college" and are generally not worth the paper they are printed on and could not be used for any type of professional or academic advancement. I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

then i Have received this email.

This email is in regards XXXXX XXXXX orders GTU-34649 and GTU-34648 that you placed with Grant Town University for the amounts of 1100.00 and $1100.00 . We are a 3rd party billing company for Grant Town University. Your payment is on hold as it requires further verification. You are required to send the following documents ( in color ) or two separate six digits transaction authorization codes from the bank in order for us to clear your payments:

1. A clear scan of front side and back side of the card that you have used for payment 3744 XXXX XXXX 2002

2. Any one of these documents (National ID card/Passport/Drivers license)

You can send the required document at XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. Once the required documents are received and successfully verified, your order will be processed.

Regards,
Jake Hall
Universal Academic Serivces

So I should call Amex immediatly right?

Dear Antoine,

This is an absolute scam and I would suggest that you do call AmEx immediately and not only dispute this charge, but also cancel this card, since there is a good likelihood this scammers will try to charge your card again and have AmEx issue a new card to you!

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney