Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
20073497

I have settle a credit card debt now. It has a court case

I have settle a credit card debt now. It has a court case number XXXXX is still currently has not been dismiss in the court.

How long does it take until their office complete this step?

Who going to paid for the court cost?

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney and would like to help,

If you are being sued for the credit card debt and you have a defense, you should file an Answer. If you do not file an Answer within 30 days of the date they served you with the Complaint, they can ask the Court to enter a Default Judgment against you and to include the Court Costs in the Default Judgment against you,

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you as "Excellent Service",

Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In this case, I have already file an answer, they offer a settlement which I have paid them. I had to get it to them by a certain date which I did and they have cash the check now. Its been about a month now since this was done.

I don't know how long it should take them to dismiss this out of the court. I was on line checking it and I saw where they had put cost amount on the side to. I call the court and they said they haven't contact them about this settlement.

I have the letter they offer to settle with them.

I don't know how long I should allow them to send in the proper paper work to have this dismiss from the court.

I also don't know if I will be charge for any court cost. If there is who going to paid for it?

Thanks

They should have dismissed the case as soon as they cashed your check.

You will have to contact them. Send them a letter reminding them that you paid the amount they asked for in order to settle the case and demand that they dismiss the case against you. If they do not, you will have to prepare a document, have them sign it and then file the document with the Court. The document should include the following:.

Their Name

vs. .............................................................Case No. __________

Your Name .

To the Clerk of the Court:

Kindly mark the above captioned case, "Settled, Discontinued, and Ended"

___________________________

Their Name here

Have them sign this, then file it with the Court Clerk in the Court where the case was filed,

ANDREA