Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.

What can happen to me if I put up a temporary shed and I find

What can happen to me if I put up a temporary shed and I find out that I need a permit to erect a shed.I thought that if the shed was put on a crushed stone and not concrete.I would not need a permit.What can the township do.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Typically, they would issue an order to remove the shed and impose a fine if the shed was not removed by a certain date or otherwise brought into compliance.

Generally, a temporary shed would not be subject to the zoning or building code unless it posed some sort of safety hazard.

Is there a reason this shed has been cited?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not been sited .I just want to know what would happen if the code officer seen the shed.

Thank you for the additional information.

A permit is not required for a shed. It is a temporary structure which can be moved anywhere like an inflatable pool. it has no foundation. Therefore, nothing should happen.

Thank you.