How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Areas of practice: Landlord/Tenant, Bankruptcy, Consumer Debt
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going to have the 341 meeting with a trustee for chapter

This answer was rated:

I am going to have the 341 meeting with a trustee for chapter 7. Can I modify the exceptions in Florida during that meeting? I have 10k exception in which I listed my vehicle for 5k and personal (furniture for 2k). I am getting a refund for 2100 which is not listed there.

cfortunato :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy and Consumer Protection attorney here to assist you.

cfortunato :

You cannot change your exemptions at the 341 creditors meeting, but at the meeting you can inform the trustee of your intention to do so.

cfortunato :

Changing one's exemptions must be done by filing an ''Amended" Schedule C with the Bankruptcy court clerk.

cfortunato :

This is simply the regular Schedule C with the word "AMENDED'' written at the top.

cfortunato :

You have to file a copy with the Bankruptcy court clerk, and you also have to mail a copy to the Bankruptcy trustee.


Will doing so will it protect my refund

cfortunato :

Yes - as the value of your assets will still be less than $10,000.

cfortunato and 5 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions