Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Credit report: I hope Im asking this question in the right

Credit report: I hope I'm asking this question in the right category. My husband has 2 credit cards that he opened only under his name... Only he could qualify to open them since he has income and I have no job. But after the credit cards were opened and activated, we ordered me a second card for both credit cards. Now, since I'm only on the account as a tag-along, do these 2 credit cards and their activity show up and affect my credit score?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response: Yes. As a card user, the cards would also show up on your credit file. If the cards are delinquent, the delinquency would adversely affect your credit score eventhough you are not legally liable for the debts since you did not sign the credit card agreement. Conversely, if the cards are being on time, then the positive payment history would have positive effect on your credit score.