Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years legal experience including consumer protection law.
4460311

I have received a contract complaint pld-c-001 and am answering

I have received a contract complaint pld-c-001 and am answering with a pld-c-010. I want to do a cross complaint that includes torts for "intentional interference with the performance of a contract", "intentional interference with with prospective economic advantage" and "breach of confidence". The form used to cross complaint pld-c-001 has no box to check for torts may I add this under "other" or do I use another form?

Thanks, SusaN
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,

You would typically check box "5 other" and attach your counterclaims to the form pld-c-010. There is not a paragraph number for counterclaims on the form, so if you wish to add one to your answer, you should do so by checking box "5" and setting them out on a separate document.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by going to your “My Questions” page and clicking on “Request Tina again” next to my photo. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no box 5 other on pld-c-001? I want to add torts so as to ask for punitive damages, a contract complaint, as I understand does not allow for punitive. Are you sure I can use this form?
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

The form you are using to answer the complaint should be pld-c-010 not 001 and there is a box number "5 other". I'm looking at the form now. Yes, that is where you would add any counterclaims, whether breach of contract, torts, or other causes of action.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So only that one form is needed? That would be wonderful, I thought I needed to complete a cross complaint form?
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
No, counterclaims are typically included in a defendant's answer, so you would include it in this form by checking box 5 and attaching your counterclaims.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect, thank you. I still would attach the cause of action - intentional tort pld-pi-001(3) right?
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.

Yes, use (3) and attached as a cross-complaint.

You are very welcome and all the best to you!

Tina, Lawyer
Experience: 17 years legal experience including consumer protection law.