RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Hello JA: Is there such a place where I can request and have

Hello JA: Is there such a place where I can request and have printed credit reports from the big 3 agencies and have mailed to me? That are really "free"?
Thank you for your question.

Yes there is! The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires each of the nationwide credit reporting companies — Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion — to provide you with a free copy of your credit report, at your request, once every 12 months.

The three nationwide credit reporting companies have set up a central website, a toll-free telephone number, and a mailing address through which you can order your free annual report.

To order, visit annualcreditreport.com, call 1-877-322-8228. Or complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form and mail it to: XXXXX XXXXX Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GANNN-NN-NNNN

You may order your reports from each of the three nationwide credit reporting companies at the same time, or you can order your report from each of the companies one at a time.

There are a lot of imposter websites out there claiming to be free -so make sure you use the link I provided, or type in the website as stated. You do not have to pay to get the reports for free, once a year.