Law Pro, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years experience in consumer advocacy, debt collection violations, contracts, construction
11688690

how long am I protected under the consumer protection law when

how long am I protected under the consumer protection law when hit by a natural disaster?

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

Please explain what you consider the Consumer Protection Law and what's you're desiring because generally that is not applicable to a natural disaster.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It seems that I was misinformed by a friend. I was told that when there is a natural disaster you are exempt from late fees and even a late notification on your credit report for a certain amount of time after the disaster. He said that as long as you pay the creditor within sixty days you should not have a past due on your credit report. I guess I should do my own homework next time.

Yes, regretfully they are wrong. They don't make allowances or give consideration that there was a "natural disaster".

A creditor can still report a negative to the credit reporting agencies regardless.

Sorry.

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know…

You can always ask for me in your question, “This question is for Law Pro . . (then on with your question) . . . .

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted :) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you.

Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated by JustAnswer for assisting you. Please don’t leave negative feedback, If something isn’t working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!