LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

I bought a used car from a major dealership before I received

I bought a used car from a major dealership before I received my insurance check. I gave them a check. They contacted me that the check had been cancelled and a new contract made. I lost the original paperwork they gave me while at the dealership waiting to have the car detailed. The dealership has refused to give me a copy of my paperwork.

Hello Judy,

My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney. Glad to try and help out.

Sure sorry for the circumstances, truly. My heart goes out to you.

You've tried asking the dealership directly, without success. That leaves a couple of options. One would be to have an attorney serve the dealer with a formal demand letter. However, there is another option that's entirely free of charge and would be worth trying before resorting to paying a lawyer. This means seeking help from the Office of the Arizona Attorney General. If you would like to do so, everything required is available (without even leaving home) by clicking the following link:

Consumer Complaint Form

I would encourage you to do so, as the police will not intervene as they deem such a matter to constitute a civil dispute.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.

I truly hope all works out for you.

Take care,

Ben, J.D.

Hello Judy,

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.

Thanks!

Ben, J.D.