Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I just leased a BMW M5 and really wanted to lease an M3 but

I just leased a BMW M5 and really wanted to lease an M3 but the dealer didn't have the color I wanted. I had the M5 for 4 hours and realized it is too big and sloppy for me and I want to return it. I leased it from BMW in Beverly Hills. They are telling me there is nothing I can do. I want to go back to an M3 because it's fits me better. The lease hasn't funded yet.
Is there any consumer protection law or grace period? What can I do?
Hello and thank you for the question. Unfortunately, there is no “cooling off” period on vehicles purchased or leased from a dealer unless you obtain a contract cancellation option, which is available to you when buying or leasing specified used cars from a licensed dealer. if the dealer knew that the person who they contracted with did not understand, or could not read the contract that they signed, there might be a way to get the contract set aside by a court. You would have to proceed based on fraud or some wrongdoing by the seller/lessor. Likewise, if the consumer was lied to, misled, misrepresented facts, or conditions concealed, that would be grounds to cancel.

If the dealership won't work with you directly, you might file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or with the California Department of Consumer Affairs. If those avenues aren't successful, then all that can be done is to file suit for the cancellation of the contract.