Dylatess
Dylatess, Lawyer
Experience:  36 plus years consumer law practice
29685164

When filing chapter 7 does a person have to have all his creditors

When filing chapter 7 does a person have to have all his creditors at that time, or can you file and get your case number XXXXX include the creditors at a later date?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 32 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you. You can file and always amend your petition at a later time to add creditors. Likewise, there is a small additonal filing fee to amend your petition.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry that I did not see your answer until now.

Please confirm that I am correct in stating that I can file chapter 7 without listing any creditors at all.

I have another question and would like to have you answer it. How do I get to you? Clicking on your name?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,

Yes, that is correct as it is not mandatory to list creditors to file a bankruptcy petition as the court allows you time to amend your petition to list your creditors at a later time.

To request me for another question, just type "for dylatess" at the beginning of your new question.

Thanks. Please rate me ok or better.