Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.

I am in need of a law firm that can assist me with a loan modification;

Customer Question

I am in need of a law firm that can assist me with a loan modification; Granite - Law Firm was recommended to me; have you ever heard of this firm (Granite- Law Firm) and if so are they legimate?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 years ago.
Hi jacustomer,

There are several Granite law firms and Granite Law Groups. Please use the reply tab below to give me the website, if you have it, so that I don't bother checking out the wrong one.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The web address is:

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 years ago.
Hello Jacustomer,

Thanks for the quick reply. This is a real law group. The Managing partners of the firm are both members in good standing of the California bar. The Florida state managers in the firm also check out as being active members of the Florida bar in good standing.

The site has been up and running for only about 14 months now. (See WHOIS), so while all of the lawyers seem to have several years of experience, this group as a national organization would appear to be reasonably new. I find no scam reports.

Granite Law itself as a California bankruptcy firm was incorporated back in 1993. The firm has been reviewed by the Better Business Bureau. On their scale from A to F, they give Granite Law an A+, their highest rating. They have had no complaints filed against them, which is nearly amazing in an industry where there is a lot of scam and a lot of dissatisfaction.

If you want another objective opinion, you can call the California State Attorney General's Office and ask them for the complaint history of the firm. That is where consumers would go to file an official complaint against a California business. If they check out as well there, and I expect they will, whoever steered you to Granite would appear to have done very well for you.

Good luck!