Dylatess
Dylatess, Lawyer
Experience:  36 plus years consumer law practice
29685164

My 18 year old son just purchased a car for $1500 from a used

My 18 year old son just purchased a car for $1500 from a used car dealer. The car was bought as is and they said it didn't come with an inspections sticker.

Took the car to be inspected and if FAILED. Struts are shot and Chassis needs to be replaced.

Is there anything that can be done?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 32 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

You are probably anticipating my answer. And I am sorry to advise you that unless the car came with a written warranty, it is sold as is and you have no recourse against the seller. Likewise, even if the ad says that the cars are inspected, that is not binding as the buyer makes the offer to purcahase and the seller agrees to sell which forms a binding contract regardless of what an ad may say. Accordingly, without a written warranty your son is without any remedy. So sorry. Thanks for understanding.