HCLegal
HCLegal, Lawyer
Experience:  I have won over 1500 Debt Lawsuits, saving my clients over $12,000,000.
64148031

I already submitted a question regarding this matter, but have

I already submitted a question regarding this matter, but have additional questions. My mother, who is 76 and not in good health took it upon herself to buy a new car. She was completely scammed and literally held captive in the dealership for 10 hours. Out of pure mental exhaustion, she signed the deal and they delivered the car to her house at 11:30pm. To make matters worse, the car did not have the features she wanted, so they are now going to rip out the cloth seats and put leather ones in, install an after manufacture sunroof, lojack, back-up camera. You name, they sold it to her and she bought it. To make matters worse the exact car with everything she wanted already IN IT was right on the lot for half the price. Her budget was $12,000. She kept telling them over and over again that they will make the numbers work. The end price of this car will come to $46,000. She cannot afford this. I spoke with the Division of Consumer Affairs and they had two complaints in 2012 filed against them. One for deception and the other for a billing matter. The dealer DID NOT give her the window sticker and that is part of the paperwork. We don't even know what the car has in it. Also, half their cars had no prices on them. That is required by law. When I questioned a salesman, he said the prices were taken off because they had a huge sale over the weekend. Do you think she would have any chance of getting out of this deal if she contacted an attorney? If so, what kind of attorney would I reach out to and would you recommend one in the state of NJ? Thank you.

HCLegal :

Hello and thank you for your question today. I am sorry to hear about your mother, these guys totally took advantage of her.

HCLegal :

I would definitely contact an attorney if these jokers don't take the car back.

HCLegal :

You should look for a consumer law attorney, if you do not know any you can go to www.NACA.net to find one in your area.

HCLegal :

I would also contact the BBB as well as the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.

HCLegal :

You can file a complaint here with the Division of consumer Affairs.

http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/comp.htm

HCLegal :

Please let me know what other questions you might have regarding this matter.