LegalPro, Lawyer
Experience:  Consumer protection attorney with significant experience in fraud prevention.

Yahoo & MSN Window Live Award Promotion Centre Batch Number:

Yahoo & MSN Window Live Award Promotion Centre
Batch Number: MFI/ApA-43658
Referance Number: XXXXXXXXXX
Winning Numbers: 14,21,30,34,47,71,
Pin: 1206
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LegalPro replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question.

Unfortunately, this is a well confirmed scam and you should not respond to this communication nor divulge any of your personal details. See here for numerous reports debunking the 'Yahoo & MSN Window Live Award Promotion Centre' lottery scam:

**Note that the report contained above references the EXACT same pin number and batch number that you have provided**

Specifically, this scammer is operating a variation of what is commonly known as an "advance fee" or "419" scam, in which individuals are contacted and informed of sweepstakes winnings and eventually told that they need to pay a "processing fee" or bank transfer fee in order to receive their winnings.

Don't be misled. You can't win a sweepstakes or lottery that you never entered--voluntarily participation is required in virtually all jurisdictions. These scammers will take your "advance fee" and disappear with it.

See here for more information regarding this type of scam:

See also:

Again, this is absolutely a scam. These scammers will ask you to send an advanced fee before you receive any winnings and then they will disappear. You must not send any money or respond further to this scam, as simply responding can increase your chance of receiving similar fraudulent solicitations.

You should report this scam to the Australian Federal Police here:

You can also make a report to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission here:

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this information helps you and I wish you the best.

My absolute greatest concern is that you are satisfied with the answer I provide, so please do not hesitate to contact me with follow-up questions. Also, please bear in mind that none of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.