Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years legal experience including consumer protection law.

Can I get a title loan if I am still making payments to the bank? I was intoxicated in

Can I get a title loan if I am still making payments to the bank?

I was intoxicated in las vegas and applied for a loan. Not sure if it went through.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

You are referring to a vehicle loan?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was at a strip club in vegas. I remember applying for a loan (I was intoxicated) and not sure if I was approved. The club doesn't open for several hours yet but I need to know if I would even be able to be approved.
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
I see.

There are vehicle equity loans that some companies provide, so if that was the type of loan being offered, you could be approved.

Here is a link that discusses this type of loan:

Incapacity is a defense to enforcement of a contract and intoxication is a form of incapacity. You may wish to keep that in mind if the company attempts to enforce the contract against you.

I hope you found my answer helpful, even if the law is not in your favor; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there a way you can reccommend that I check and see if there is an agreement?
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
I would contact the company and check on the status of the application. Such information is not normally publicly available thankfully, although a line will usually appear on your credit report indicating that the company inquired as to your rating.

If an account is opened, it will normally appear on your credit report as well within 30 to 90 days.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Are they required to send me a bill as well as the credit information? I am nervous about calling and asking if I owe them money.

Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
I would simply inquire as to the status of the loan application and ask them to send a copy of the application and their response for your records. I would also indicate that you wish to verify the address they will be sending any notices to.

They are typically required to provide you with a decision on your application as well as your right to obtain a credit report if they deny the loan.

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button even if you have a subscription plan so I will be credited for my time by If you do not press ACCEPT, the website retains your payment and I receive nothing. A Bonus is always appreciated. Thanks again.