Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I want to sell my motorcycle to get out of the payments and

I want to sell my motorcycle to get out of the payments and someone is willing to give me $1000 down and $800 per month until the bike is paid off. How will this work and what kind of contract do I need to have us both sign before a notary? I will need to keep it in my name is XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 years ago.
You have a couple of options. You can have the buyer deal directly with your seller and in the process release you from obligation. If that does not work, you simply need a contract setting forth the payment plan and the transfer, which can be signed and notarized. You would however continue to be liable to your seller. You want to check your contract to see if you are entitled to resell it before it is paid off. If not, you need their consent or else pursue option 1 above. Good luck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So, what would the cost to have a contract drafted for me be. Is it wise to draft my own contract or should I have a lawyer do it?
First get the seller to consent to terms. It often will supply a form for you which a local lawyer like look over cheaply, likely under $200