MDLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in consumer litigation and FDCPA matters

is nationwide debt direct a scam

is nationwide debt direct a scam they claim they can settle 40 percent of my credit card debt and i should stop paying my credit cards if i enroll with them and it will be only for 3 years then i will have no more credit card debt
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 5 years ago.
It depends on how you define scam. These companies do the same thing you can do on your own for free. Also, they will require you to go into default which ends up destroying your credit rating.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. Otherwise, please remember to hit the green ACCEPT button as that is the only way that we experts get compensated for our time, expertise, and research. We do not get paid by the website and so we rely on customers to honor the honor system and accept our responses so that we can continue to provide this service to people such as yourself. When leaving feedback, please also remember that we experts do not make the laws. We only report what the laws are and so please do not shoot the messenger.