Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs exp with Consumer Law issues

I need to know if American Cash Awards is an honest company

I need to know if American Cash Awards is an honest company or fraud?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

Anytime that you have to pay up front for an alleged prize that you have won, you can be sure that you are being scammed. There are no legitimate lotteries or sweepstakes that require any upfront payment for any administrative fees etc. If you would have truly won a real contest, any processing fee that would be required, which there really shouldn't be any except for the withholding of taxes, would be taken out of your winnings and not paid by you.

In addition, the information that the Better Business Bureau has on this company is not positive. You can see their input by going to:

So, your initial gut reaction is correct, and you should decline to give this company any of your money or personal information.