How to return a used car to a Georgia dealer; Car has several issues not disclosed at the time of purchase.
1. Car has a central electronic steering wheel control recall that the dealer could/would not tell us about.
2. After driving the vehicle for only 2-3 weeks the brakes began squealing loudly even with minimum pressure when stopping.
3. The extra rear view mirror/sunglasses compartment is defective and will not close
We re-read our purchase paperwork and noticed that it had 3 concerns.
1. In the column where the purchase charges are listed they had a category that said lemon
law and "n/a" was stamped in that column. I did not notice this at the time of purchase since I was concentrating on the money charges.
2. We signed a document(Buyers Guide) that stated "No Warranty" vs. Warranty on one side. However, we only saw the back side of it which only listed possible defects to the vehicle listed on the side we signed.
3. We told the dealer not to run our credit since I had already obtained credit from my bank for the appropriate amount. They still ran our credit with 3-4 other banks/credit unions.
Note: The purchase price was $1500.00 more than the agreed upon price.
Do we have any recourse at this time?