Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience

I was a home builder. I had about 20 loans with a bank over

I was a home builder. I had about 20 loans with a bank over 10 years. They reported to the credit agency only the 2 that went bad. they did not report any of the good ones. Is this legal.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

Were the loans in your personal name or in a corporate name?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Personal names. when I ask my loan agent years ago whey they weren't on my credit report. She said because they were commerical loans.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

You can try reporting the loans yourself to the credit bureau and they will then verify the unreported loans with the bank and hopefully help you raise your score.

I am not finding any law that requires the lender to report, but you can send them a certified letter requesting that they report the loans. If you personally signed for the loan, then it is not really a commercial loan.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".