Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable in the areas of consumer protection.
1723468

i am being sued for not paying a credit card bill. I would

i am being sued for not paying a credit card bill. I would like to resolve it i have no problem paying it, i just dont have the money right now. how can i get this fixed
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 3 years ago.
Since you are now being sued, all you can do is try to settle. The creditor is no longer required to agree to a payment plan. If the party suing you is not the original creditor, but is a collection agency you can try to defend by answering the summons and stating there is no contractual relationship with the creditor (meaning you do not owe the collection agency money as the original agreement was with the creditor).

You can review more about this process in the link below:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/legal/ive-been-sued.shtml

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience: Knowledgeable in the areas of consumer protection.