P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16+ yrs. of legal experience.

American sweepstakes network out of las vegas says i won $450,000

American sweepstakes network out of las vegas says i won $450,000 and gave me a bond person from Oklahoma to deal with Steve Hermansky. Is this legitimate?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

What you describe sounds very much like a common scam. A google search for American sweepstakes network will not turn up any company least not in the first page. But it will show several pages that report this company for fraud.

Ask yourself a simple question...did you actually enter this contest? If not, the answer is also simple, stay away...its a scam.

Certainly I would NOT give this company ANY personal information...and NO BANK INFORMATION and NO MONEY. If they want to give you a check? can deposit it...and if the money is still there in 6 months? Then perhaps it was not a scam.

Consider reporting this to your state Attorney General since I bet its a scam.