Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations; Scams, cons. protection, etc.

Can a pharmecutical company be sued for changing the formula

Can a pharmecutical company be sued for changing the formula of a medication and using potentially harmful coating on the drug in addition to making the drug less effective which causes pain and suffering to the patient?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

Answer: Certainly, you can sue. However, expect around $100,000 in attorney, expert, and court costs.

You can find class actions against the company typicall through google searches ( Then, once you find information, contact the attorney's office and discuss your potential case, and see if they'd take it on or can add it to an existing suit against the company.

Be aware that the real winners in class action suits are usually the attorneys (at least as far as monetary awards go).

I'm happy to answer follow-up questions. If you have none, please

"ACCEPT" my answer.

There can sometimes be a delay of an hour or more in between my followup answers because I may be helping other customers, conducting legal research, or taking a break. If we're writing late in the evening, I may need to get some sleep and resume helping you the following morning.

Bonuses of even a dollar are much appreciated and help support this site.

I REALLY appreciate FEEDBACK so that I can continuously improve!

All my best,

Jane Doe Deer