Steinlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, top foreclosure attorney

I am a student at a business college. The college has incorrectly

I am a student at a business college. The college has incorrectly billed and collected from me at the wrong rate for two Semesters. I have been attempting to get my money refunded since July. The amount is over $5k. The school is giving me the runaround and not only have they not corrected the issue, they are billing me incorrectly for the third consecutive semester. What are my recourse options.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
What type of school is this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
DeVry University working towards an Associates.
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry you are going through this.

You need to send your school a demand letter. You need to explain why you believe you were overcharged. You should include any documentation you have. Send a copy to your state Dept of Education. Give them 30 days to either explain why you are wrong or send you your money back.

If you do not get your money back, take your documents to an attorney. There may be an arbitration provision that requires you to arbitrate any disputes.

Good luck.