Steinlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, top foreclosure attorney

Part 2 I spoke with a Resolution Officer at the Online

Part 2: I spoke with a "Resolution Officer" at the Online Mentoring Company. We were on the phone of an hour. She tried to convince me that I was confued about what the contract said. I explained to her that I was not happy with the fine print in the contract, I was told I would get six months of mentoring and the contract only said that I had purchased 11 hours. They also lied about who they were and how long they had been in business. I told her the contract also said I had 3 days to request a refund and that is what I was doing. She then tried to tell me that I could not break the contract. Now I have to spend another hour talking to someone else about my "confusion"

I wanted to know, do I have to give them any more information or explanation as to why I want to cancel my contract. Is there a buyers remorse laws in California? Do I have to sit though another hour of brain washing, so that I can get my refund.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry you are going through this.

You have a 3 day right of rescission in CA, assuming they complied by giving you two copies of the notice and advising you of your rights. If they did not, your right of rescission runs until they do tell you. You have told them that you want to rescind within the 3 days. So, at this point, you should file a complaint with the Dept of Consumer Affairs in CA. You should also talk to an attorney about filing a lawsuit. My guess is that there are other folks like you out there and a class action may be the way to go.

Good luck.