Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, Businessweek.com top foreclosure attorney
12106879

I just looked at your responses to a person from Michigan regarding

I just looked at your responses to a person from Michigan regarding their preparing a response to interrogatories. I was slapped with a default judgement on the second of last month and I am in the process of submitting a Motion to Vacate due to a mistake. In the meantime, i am preparing responses to thier Post Judgement Interogatories. I know i am going to have questions right now I have two. First, do you know of a link to a sample response to post judgement interrogatories? The second question is about objections. Can I make objections on post judgement interogatories?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 3 years ago.

Steinlaw :

When are your answers due?

Customer :

This Friday.

Steinlaw :

Okay. So you can object. Privacy is the biggest one you would use.

Steinlaw :

You can find a sample at your local law library

Customer :

So any questions not pertaining specifically to the account referenced by judgement, I can object? Several of the questions want information back to January 1. 2009

Steinlaw :

Object that it is irrelevant.

Customer :

One specific example is: "Please set forth separately with specificiy each of your monthly expenses for all month starting with Jaanuary 2009"

Steinlaw :

That you have to provide, but you can object that it is irrelevant to your ability to pay the judgment.

Customer :

Please bear with me, I am skimming over the other questions

Steinlaw :

No problem.

Customer :

Another example is: "Please set forth the account number of each bank account in which you have had funds on deposit at any time subsequent to January 1, 2009" My only income now is Unemployment benefits. I was laid off back in Feb of last year and I moved back in with my father. I give him money in lieu of rent to cover his household expenses. Do I have to give them my dad's account number?

Steinlaw :

Objection, this information is protected by the privacy right in the Constitution of the State of California

Customer :

The only account I have to give them is current accounts correct?

Customer :

Or objection?

Steinlaw :

Yes

Customer :

The next thing I have for now is about personal property. They want to know everything I own each item worh over $100. There isn't much because most of what I have I brought with me from CO., and it is 8 years old now. Objection? With the only real thing is my car and it is a 2001 Ford Escape

Customer :

one last question. When do I file Exemptions?

Steinlaw :

Objection, burdensome.

Customer :

Exemptions?

Steinlaw :

You file for that when they try to garnish your wages. That form is at www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms

Customer :

This is all for now. thank you very much. You are a great source of information. If I have any more questions over the next couple of days, I would like to contact you again if it is okay?

Steinlaw :

Please do.

Steinlaw :

Good luck.

Customer :

Thank you. Later.

Steinlaw, Lawyer
Experience: Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, Businessweek.com top foreclosure attorney