Steinlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, top foreclosure attorney

I received the following quote from my Home Warranty company

I received the following quote from my Home Warranty company as to why my A/C could not be fixed, however, I can read this as "any A/C which is too small for the house will not be fixed" or "if the problem IS that the A/C is too small for the house, then we won't fix that problem". I can't seem to figure out which one they mean. Please help! Here's the quote in my letter:

"Under the section marked Limits of Liability, Number 15, the Company will repair or replace a system or applicance that was improperly installed, modified or repaired, or was not properly matched in size or efficiency at any time prior to or during the term of this contract provided the system is not undersized relative to the square footage of area being cooled or heated."
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
I agree with your Home Warranty company.

This sentence means, in plain English, "We will not repair a system that is too small for your house." So, if the system is too small, they won't pay for any repairs.

Let me know if you have a follow up to that.

Good luck.