How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, top foreclosure attorney
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I tried to do loan modification trhu one company in Anaheim,

Resolved Question:

I tried to do loan modification trhu one company in Anaheim, it turn that I'm not qualify for the program. I paid US$ 2000.00 for processing fee, since this process is not succeed, they said that all the fee will be refunded. They can not send the refund and give me the way to refund, which is to dispute as an authorization charge which is I did. Got US$400 and US$ 800.00 and US$ 800.00. But later they charge my credit card again for US$ 800.00. Tried to contact the company numerous times, and it fail. I don't know what is going on with the company, it look like the company is no longer in business. what shall do next...?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry you are going through this.

You need to contact one of three agencies:

1. The Dept of Real Estate,, if the company was licensed by them;
2. The State Bar,, if the company was run by an attorney;
3. The Attorney General,, if neither 1 nor 2 apply.

You may not get your money back, but continue fighting it with your credit card company.

Good luck.
Steinlaw and 2 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can not fighting thru my credit card company becouse it past 60 days. and my credit card company even warn me that another $ 800,00 and $ 400,00 they might charge it again, they can not do any further action if they do this again.
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
Then you need to contact either the DRE, the State Bar or the Attorney General. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why the credit card company would allow another charge to go through from these people, but make sure you report this ASAP.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions