Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, Businessweek.com top foreclosure attorney
12106879

I subscribed to GPS service (Global Trend Advisory) for two

I subscribed to GPS service (Global Trend Advisory) for two years in the amount of $5000 in May 2009 (to May 2011). One year later today, instead of doubling the invested money, I actually lose a few thousand dollars. Recently, I asked for refund "by a full, money-back guarantee" promised in their web article
(http://www.tradewins.com/index.php?p=product&id=116&parent=36). No any responses, no refund, but my subscription was terminated. I felt being cheated.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
Did they send you a prospectus before you invested?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
In the contract I signed with them, the risk was addressed. But I think that should not be conflict with the refund. Before I asked for refund, they sent every subscribers the following email. I presumed I should get refund according to their website and the email letter.   Capital Preservation - May 16, 2010 From:     GPS Advisory Add to Contacts      To:     [email protected]      Dear GPS Advisory Member: I have received many questions from members who are concerned about preserving their trading capital during the current turbulent market conditions. Members want to know how the money back guarantee is affected if they temporarily stop taking the trade recommendations.   The last thing members should be concerned about is continuing to trade for purposes of fulfilling the money back guarantee for the advisory service. If you are concerned about preserving your trading capital then you should stop trading the recommendations and not resume trading until the markets stabilize and you are comfortable with starting to trade again. Your membership subscription can certainly be extended for the period that you are not trading. Every member has a different risk tolerance and we fully understand if you are not comfortable trading during volatile market conditions.   This transitional period will eventually pass. Our ultimate goal is to not only make your trading experience profitable but also make it non-stressful. It is towards these goals our efforts our aimed. Feel free to suspend your trading and preserve your capital at this junction. Feel confident that you may resume trading when you wish and still maintain your money back guarantee. Your satisfaction with our service is the highest priority of us all at Legacy Publishing. I feel that clear market trends will resume at some point and we will be reaping the benefits of our patience!
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
With all of this, what is your specific legal question?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Get refund of my subscription fee as they promised
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry you are going through this.

I would start with a complaint to the CA Attorney General at www.ag.ca.gov. Give them everything you have about this company. I would then look for a consumer lawyer with experience in investments. I would immediately sue this company because I have a suspicion they may not be around long. That is probably the only way to get your refund.

Good luck.