Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, Businessweek.com top foreclosure attorney
12106879

I have a car loan through santander consumer usa I am 5 payments

I have a car loan through santander consumer usa I am 5 payments ahead and there charging me interest each time I send a principle payment to them (marked as so), there claim is you must be 90 days ahead or must call them and make a phone payment Costing $11.00 each time, I ask for written proof of this rule on my contract, they say not a written rule, company policy. I believe there breaking the truth in lending rules. How do I stop there game.
I am sorry you are going through this.

It sounds like you may have a violation of state and federal lending laws. You need to get a copy of the loan documents and disclosures. Take them to an experienced consumer law attorney to review it. If it is as you describe, he should send a letter to the company and then file a lawsuit.

If you do not want to hire an attorney, you should talk to your state dept of Consumer Affairs and file a complaint. A complaint to the BBB and the state attorney general should be filed as well.

Good luck.