Steinlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, top foreclosure attorney

Im the original owner of a 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid with

I'm the original owner of a 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid with 17,000 miles. Upon taking delivery of my vehicle, I have experienced a problem with a rattle coming from the glove compartment. I have taken the car to my dealer on 3 different occasions to repair the same issue. The last time I took the car in on January 18, 2010 and DID NOT RECEIVE MY CAR BACK until FEBRUARY 22, 2010. Low and behold- the RATTLE WAS STILL THERE. When I called the Service Manager to complain, he assured me there wasn't anything more he could do, but promised a Toyota Representative would contact me. They never did. I sent the Service Manager multiple e-mails and called him 4 times to ask him to help. No reply from Toyota nor the Service Manager at my dealer? How shall I procceed? I don't want the car with this annoying rattle.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
Can you hear the rattle? Does Toyota admit there is still a rattle?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, you can clearly hear the rattle. Toyota refuses to contact me (via my dealer's request) to listen to the rattle. The dealer informed me they attempted to reach a Toyota rep to inspect the noise but due to an overwhelming demand, the Toyota rep remains unavailable.
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry you are going through this.

Take the car for a drive. Turn on a tape recorder and record the rattle. Bring the recording to a consumer law attorney because you, my friend, have a lemon. If Toyota does not want to resolve this with you directly, an attorney getting involved should take care of the problem. But this is a lemon and you have done everything right so far. Just one last step of recording the sound before you hire an attorney.

Good luck.