Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, Businessweek.com top foreclosure attorney
12106879

I recently lost my Medicare part B plan,because I was not

I recently lost my Medicare part B plan,because I was not eligible for SUPPLEMENT (medicare) insurance. I wasn't told that I would lose the only means for helping me with my disabilityHealth Ins.) I sign the papers at the Social Security office in 2009 unaware that I would be uninsured. Now I have a hospital bill of over a $1,000.00 dollars from going to the ER 2 weeks ago, and still having problems with my foot,,which was why I went. No insurance and I'm a diabetic. What can I do to correct this problem since the Soc. Sec. Office has told me that I have to wait to enroll next year. I don't have next year,I need affordable ins. now. I was only paying $90.00 in premiums a mth. for medicare pt. B and frankly, I can't afford to pay higher. What Ins. Co. has excellant benefits and under a $100.00 to help me?
I am sorry you are going through this.

Unfortunately, it is too late to get insurance. Insurance won't cover the old hospital bill. However, talk to a social security appeals attorney. These attorneys work on a contingency basis and only get paid a percentage of the benefits you are awarded. You can find one at www.avvo.com to appeal your denial. This should be free to you.

Good luck.