Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, Businessweek.com top foreclosure attorney
12106879

IN 2004 I PAID TIME SHARE RESALE MARKETTING GROUP,2652 OAKLAND

IN 2004 I PAID TIME SHARE RESALE MARKETTING GROUP,2652 OAKLAND PK. BLVD., FT. LAUDERDALE, FL. THE AMOUNT OF $699.00 TO LIST MY FLORIDA TIME SHARE FOR RESALE. ON FEB 5, 2010 I WAS CONTACTED BY MS. XXXXX XXXXX WHO CLAIMED THAT THEY HAD SECURED A BUYER WHO WAS WILLING TO PAY $12,000.00 FOR MY WEEK 45 AT SEASIDE BEACH CLUB IN POMPANO BEACH. SHE SAID IT WAS NECESSARY FOR ME TO SEND HER A CHECK IN THE AMOUNT OF $1,999.00 TO HANDLE THE CLOSING OF THIS SALE TO BE COMPLETED IN LESS THAN 60 DAYS. SHE SAID IT WAS NECESSARY THAT THE CHECK BE SENT OVERNIGHT BY FED. EX. TO DATE THERE HAS BEEN NO SALE RESULTS.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
What is your specific legal question?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
WHAT STEPS CAN I TAKE TO GET BACK MY MONIES ?
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry you are going through this.

First, send a demand letter to them asking for a full and complete refund. Relate to them what you put here: you were called and told there was a buyer. You sent money based on that. If there was no buyer, you would not have sent the money. You should send copies of your letter to the BBB, the FL Attorney General and the FTC.

If that does not get you your money back, then you need to sue these folks. This is probably a small claims court case. But, spend a few minutes online. If you can find other people with similar complaints, you want to talk to a class action attorney about filing a lawsuit against this company. That should get their attention!

Good luck. I hope you get your money back.