Steinlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, top foreclosure attorney

If a bank puts a judgement on one, because he is no longer

If a bank puts a judgement on one, because he is no longer able to pay on the credit card account and has no income and is retired, can the bank freeze your bank account, put a lien on your home, attach your S.S. deposit. Please tell me everything that is possible if there is a judgement placed. I live in FL and am eighty years old. Your answer to me on 10/29/09 was not very complete.I will pay you again this time, also.
Thank You
[email protected]
Where did the money in the bank account come from?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It is money I got from selling some of my possessions and some that I saved from

social sec. and very small gifts.. I'm using it up slowly for food etc...

I am sorry you are going through this.

Any money that is not social security they can take. They can place a freeze on the bank account. You then have the burden of proving that the money is social security. You would have to request a hearing in front of a judge to have the lien removed.

Good luck!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My final question, before I pay you is what if the money is not in the bank that issued the credid card (s).

Thank you for your help.

IF the money is in a different bank, they can still attach that money. Once they have a judgment, they can go to any bank to get your money.